Friday 27 February 2015

Easy Stained Glass Look



While browsing through YouTube videos for ideas on what to do with the Butterfly Thinlits, I came across Liz Holloway's video which she featured on her blog post Stained Glass Butterfly. I loved what she did but I didn't have any of the microfine glitter that she used. Then I had a brainstorm! I wondered if I could use the blendabilities to colour the window sheet. A search on Youtube brought up Colouring on Window Sheets with Blendabilities so I set to work.

I cut the largest Butterfly Thinlit out of black card stock and used the Two-Way Glue Pen to glue it to a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of window sheet. I coloured on the window sheet in the holes in the butterfly with red and green blendabilities. The card base is a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Pistachio Pudding card stock scored at 5 1/2. I stamped the fern from the Butterfly Basics stamp set onto the middle of the card front a few times using Pistachio Pudding ink. I stamped the greeting with a stamp from the December: All Shook Up Paper Pumpkin kit with memento. I stuck the window sheet to the card front with glue dots in the corners. I put strips of ribbon around each end of the card to covered up the glue dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment