Friday 20 March 2015

Hummingbird Reflections



Still working on trying to get my friend to like the bird in the A Happy Thing stamp set. :-)

This card was inspired by two, well actually three, card challenges.

The Strawberry Super Stampers are a group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators in Newfoundland and Labrador and they've started issuing challenges on their FaceBook group page. The latest challenge was a colour challenge. We were to use Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Pear Pizzazz, Coastal Cabana, and Bermuda Bay. All I had in Tangerine Tango and Pear Pizzazz was cardstock, no ink, so I used Pear Pizzazz for the card base and Tangerine Tango for the strip. I used the heart die in the Mini Treat Bag die set to cut a heart out of Daffodil Delight and I stamped the greeting in Bermuda Bay. I used a combination of Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana to sponge on a sky and water reflection. I stamped the image with Memento Ink and sponged the birds with Daffodil Delight before using blender pens and Pistachio Pudding and Tangelo Twist to add a bit of colour to it. The branch was coloured with a blender pen and Baked Brown Sugar and the same was also used to draw the shore line. Pisstachio Pudding was used to add a bit of grass to the shoreline.

I created the reflection using the method I learned about in the Mirror Image Stamping Technique YouTube video, but instead of doing a mirror image I did a reflection. So this card also fits the Try a New Technique Challenge at SplitCoastStampers. After I coloured the bird in the reflection, I sponged a bit more of the sky/water colours on top of it and added a few wavy lines with a blender pen.

I used the sketch in this week's Sketch Challenge at SplitCoastStampers as inspiration for the design of the card. I changed it up a little, but not too much.




1 comment:

  1. Love your creativity, but this bird is still not growing on me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete