Wednesday 6 May 2015

Black and White Shadow Box Card



Black is my favourite colour. I know, I know, some of you are cringing because black is not an actual colour. I don't care. It's my favourite colour, so there! :-)

A few days ago while browsing the SplitcoastStampers gallery, some black and white cards by GeekGirl101 caught my eye and I just had to do a black and white card. It is destined to be the first of many.

The card base was made by cutting a 4x8 piece of black cardstock and scoring at 4 to make a 4x4 cardbase. The black frame I made using my Stampin' Trimmer, but it would have been much easier to make if I had the Squares Collection Framelits Dies. It is a 3 1/2" frame with a 2 1/2" opening. The white mat is a 2 1/2" square.

The sentiment was stamped with a stamp from the Good Greetings hostess set from 2014 using Memento Ink. Unfortunately this stamp set is no longer available for purchase.

The leaves and big flower were cut using dies from the Secret Garden Framelits dies, which are no longer available for purchase, but the little flower was cut using a die from the Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies.

I added some shape to the flowers and leaves using the paper-piercing tool and the Stampin' Pierce Mat.

I used dimensionals to pop the frame and the 2-Way Glue Pen used to adhere everything else.

The final touch was the Rhinestones.




2 comments:

  1. I need to find out about this dimensional thing you use - it is very effective. I really like the pop out frame, too. I like the pop of the black and white, but have to admit I won't likely copy the colours... maybe, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you click on the word Dimensionals? That will take you to a page that describes the product. I'm actually considering trying it with other colours too. Can't wait to see what you do with it

    ReplyDelete