Tuesday 26 May 2015

Finding a new purpose


A few posts ago, in my Butterfly Decorations and Stands post, I posted a picture of a few elements that I was hoping to use in cards soon. I made use of one of them in this card. The stamped image was one I made when I was working on my Blue Morpho card, thinking I would use it as the background for the Blue Morpho butterfly, but when I went to place the butterfly on the card I didn't like how the butterfly covered up the beautiful flowers and ferns. I decided to use a different background for the butterfly and laid this piece aside for another time. Tonight was the time.

I stamped the flowers and ferns with Pistachio Pudding using stamps from the Butterfly Basics stamp set. I used my Blender Pens and Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, and Crushed Curry ink pads to fill in the leaves and add some colour to the flowers. I stamped the greeting using another one of the stamps from the Butterfly Basics stamp set and Crushed Curry ink.

I decided to tear the edges of the whisper white card stock to give it a soft look and tied a piece of Crushed Curry ribbon across the bottom before attaching it to a Strawberry Slush mat and then to a Pistachio Pudding card base.

I added a couple of Pearls for a little extra punch.

**Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding were part of the 2013-2015 in Colours so will no longer be available after June 2. Melon Mambo and Wild Wasbi could be used in their place.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Jacqueline. I find it neat that every so often you use a stamp set that I own but didn't realize that I'm missing a lot of use from. Terrible grammar but I hope you get the idea. I do need to find out more about blender pens :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) I get the idea, and I didn't notice any terrible grammar. I am not a grammar nazi. :-) I love the blender pens! They come three in a pack. They are great for picking up colour from an ink pad and adding it exactly where you want it. Then you just wipe the tip across a scrap piece of paper until no more ink comes off and you're ready to use it on another colour. They really are a great investment.

    ReplyDelete