Wednesday 17 June 2015

Leather Look for a Man or a Woman


The Ways to Use It Challenge at SplitcoastStampers this past Thursday had a "Go West" theme to it and included links to a number of different techniques that I wanted to try out. I finally decided to try the Faux Stamped Leather first. I didn't have a lot of the supplies that she used in the tutorial so I substituted and changed it up a bit and used what I had.

I decided to make a 4x4 card so I cut a 4x8 piece of Sahara Sand and scored it at 4. Then I stamped an image from the Butterfly Basics stamp set using Blackberry Bliss on the card front. I placed the opened card on my Stampin' Pierce Mat and, because I don't have a stylus yet, I used the end of a paintbrush to trace the outline of the stamped images. Then I sponged over the entire thing with Hello Honey.


Then I sponged over the entire again thing with Pumpkin Pie.


And then with Baked Brown Sugar, which is a retired product and no longer available.


And one last time with Tip Top Taupe.


Next I placed it opened up on my Stampin' Pierce Mat again and used my Paper-Piercing Tool to pierce holes all around the edge of the card front.


To finish the card I stamped a greeting using a stamp from the Butterfly Basics stamp set using Memento ink.

Lots of people tend to think that browns and the leather look are masculine looks, but females like leather and browns too, so it's good for either sex.

This was fun to do and I think I will be trying it again, possibly using different colours. I need to get more browns to get an even better look, but I'm pleased with how it came out.


No comments:

Post a Comment