Thursday 28 May 2015

Watercolour with markers and water


Today I made use of another of the Works in Progress I posted about a little while back. I showed how I used the first one in my Waste not, want not post.

As I explained in my Works in Progress post, the focal point of this card was inspired by Heather Telford's Distress Stain Watercolour tutorial at SplitcoastStampers. I didn't have the stains, markers, or paper that she used in her tutorial, but I decided to try her techniques with the supplies that I had.

I started with a piece of Stampin' Up! Watercolour Paper. I used Stampin' Write Markers to ink up one of the stamps in the Butterfly Basics by colouring right onto the stamp. Then, before stamping on the watercolour paper, I gave the stamp a few sprays of water with my Stampin' Spritzer.

I cut the Watercolour Paper to 3 x 5 and scored it 1/4" all around to give it a little added punch.

I cut a 5 1/4 x 3 1/4 mat of Midnight Muse card stock and adhered the watercolour to it.

I created a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 Summer Starfruit card base by cutting a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece and then scoring and folding it at 4 1/4. I adhered the matted watercolour to the card base.

I cut a 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Window Sheet and stamped a greeting from the All Shook Up Paper Pumpkin kit onto it with VersaMark. Then I sprinkled that with Gold Emboss powder before heating it with my Heat Tool. I adhere this to the card by hiding Mini Glue Dots under the letters and putting a little strip of Snail down the right side of the window sheet and down the middle where I knew the ribbon would cover it on the left.

I cut a 6" piece of ribbon, wrapped it around and adhered it inside the card with snail. I cut a 3" piece of ribbon and tied it in a knot on the ribbon at the front of the card.

The ribbon, markers, and card stock I used on this card are all from the 2012-2014 In-Colour Collection and are no longer available but you can find similar colours in the other Colour Collections.

Because the All Shook Up Paper Pumpkin kit is a past it it is now only available to current subscribers. One of the perks of being a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber is that you can purchase past kits. Now is a great time to become a Paper Pumpkin Subscriber. Until June 10 new subscribers get their first two kits for half price! You can not get the All Shook Up kit for half price but you can get the upcoming June and July kits for half price, and then order the All Shook Up kit for full price. Join Now!

2 comments:

  1. I learn something new every time you blog! I wondered how you always manage to get the knot nice and tight but not pull on the edges of the card... now I realize you use two pieces of ribbon. I can't believe I didn't know that. It makes so much sense now! Do you do something similar when you make a bow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always do it, but it is the easiest way to tie a knot on a ribbon. I've never tried it with a bow, but I bet it would work.

      Delete